The Breast Cancer Recovery team takes great pride in providing an environment that is informative, supportive and safe for all users and keeps their privacy intact.
TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We will only collect personal information where it is reasonably necessary for the performance of our functions or activities. The personal information we collect may include the following:
- Registration information: this includes information that we collect when you register to use our Application by creating an Account. The information we collect includes your name, mailing or street address, email address, social media information, telephone number and other contact details, age, language and any other information you directly give us at the registration stage.
- User information: this includes information that you have provided to us when using the Application. The information we collect includes your diagnosis, date of diagnosis, treatment, details of your recovery journey, details of exercises and fitness levels, details of nutrition, details of your mood, sleep and fatigue levels, details regarding payments and correspondence or communications in respect of your use of the Application and any other additional information you provide to us directly or indirectly through your use of the Application.
- Profile information: this includes any information you choose to store on the Application that will assist us in delivering the Services to you and includes information regarding any subscriptions.
- Financial information: this includes information such as payment card details and bank account details. We use this information to send to our third party payment gateways.
- Application use information: When you use our Application, for example when you contact us we collect information that enables the Application to be able to run.
- Surveys: information in connection with client surveys, questionnaires and promotions;
- Other information we collect related to your use of the Application: your device identity and type, I.P. address, geo-location information, page view statistics, advertising data and standard web log information and any other information provided by you to us via our Application or our online presence, or otherwise required by us or provided by you.
As part of delivering our Services, we may collect health and other sensitive information about you as defined by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”). For example, in using the Application we may collect medical history information about you, or you may provide us with your current health status to assist us in providing you services. In general, we attempt to limit the sensitive information we collect, however this may not always be possible due to the Services we provide. Where we collect sensitive information from you we will only do so if it is considered reasonably necessary for us to collect such information for us to perform our functions or activities and you consent, or collection is required or authorised by law or another exception under the Privacy Act applies. However, we may also collect Sensitive Information without your consent where we provide you with a health service or where it is otherwise permitted by the Privacy Act in order to carry out our Services. This includes where collection is required to lessen or prevent a serious threat to your life, health or safety or to public health and safety. For more information on health services please contact us.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect personal information either directly from you, or from third parties, including where you:
- register or sign up to the Application (or when you login through social media);
- use the Application to enter User Content for various purposes including to record and track your experiences, exercises, symptoms and nutrition while on your recovery journey;
- use the Application generally;
- subscribe to any of our newsletters;
- contact us through our Application;
- submit any of our online sign up forms;
- communicate with us via email, telephone, SMS, social applications (such as LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter) or otherwise;
- interact with our Application, social applications, services, content and advertising; and
- invest in our business or enquire as to a potential purchase in our business.
Where we collect your personal information from a third party, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party. Third parties we may receive from include third parties that provide technical, payment and delivery services to us and analytics providers or affiliate networks, and social media platforms.
We may also collect personal information from you when you use or access our Services or our social media pages. This may be done through use of web analytics tools, ‘cookies’ or other similar tracking technologies that allow us to track and analyse your Services usage. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, mobile phone or other device and enable and allow the creator of the cookie to identify when you visit different websites. If you do not wish information to be stored as a cookie, you can disable cookies in your web browser.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect and use personal information for the following purposes:
- to operate the Application and provide services or information to you including to:
- assist in streaming and personalising exercises, nutrition plans and various other protocols for you;
- enable us to process your personal data;
- to manage our relationship with you, including information about similar products or terms and conditions or send you an email reminder that a task you have performed on our Application remains uncompleted such an incomplete form;
- enable you to communicate with us regarding your use of the Application;
- confirm your identity;
- to provide information about you to our contractors, employees, consultants, agents or other third parties for the purpose of providing the Services to you;
- communicate with you about your Account, or any transaction;
- to be de-identified in order to create research data and for the purposes of generating statistical data for the conducting of cancer research and improving the Application;
- for record keeping and administrative purposes;
- to improve and optimise our service offering and customer experience;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or enforce our agreements with third parties;
- to administer and protect our Services;
- to enable you to take part in a competition;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you and for the purpose of direct marketing (in accordance with the Spam Act 2003 (Cth)). In this regard, we may use email, SMS, social media or mail to send you direct marketing communications. You can opt out of receiving marketing materials from us by using the opt-out facility provided (e.g. an unsubscribe link);
- to send you administrative messages, reminders, notices, updates, security alerts, and other information requested by you; and
- to consider an application of employment from you.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to our employees and volunteers, service providers who assist us to provide the Services to you such as information technology service providers, contractors and other third parties located inside or outside of Australia. If we disclose personal information outside of Australia, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient deals with such personal information in adherence with the Australian Privacy Principles.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties to whom you expressly ask us to send the personal information to or to third parties where permitted under the Privacy Act. This also includes:
- your authorised representatives;
- government and regulatory authorities and other similar organisations, as required or authorised by law; and
- such entities that we propose to merge with or be acquired by.
We may also aggregate and/or make anonymous your personal information including sensitive information to make it available for research data and for the purposes of generating statistical data for the conducting of cancer research and improving the Application. This aggregated data may be disclosed to overseas governments and universities.
STORAGE & SECURITY
We use third-party cloud providers that provide hosting, data storage and other services.
We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is secure and protected from misuse or unauthorised access. Our information technology systems are password protected, and we use a range of administrative and technical measure to protect these systems. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Our Services may contain links to other websites. Those links are provided for convenience and may not remain current or be maintained. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those linked websites and we suggest you review the privacy policies of those websites before using them.
REQUESTING ACCESS OR CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to the Privacy Act, you have a right to access and correct any personal information about you that we may hold. If you wish to request access to the personal information we hold about you, please contact us using the contact details set out below including your name and contact details. We may need to verify your identity before providing you with your personal information. In some cases, we may be unable to provide you with access to all your personal information and where this occurs, we will explain why. We will deal with all requests for access to personal information within a reasonable timeframe.
If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us using the contact details set out below and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
If we receive a request from you to access or correct personal information we will respond to you within a reasonable time after receiving your request and in the manner requested by you, if it is reasonable and practicable for us to do so. We may charge a reasonable fee for giving access to the information.
IF WE CAN’T COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
- we may not be able to provide the Application to you, either to the same standard or at all;
- we may not be able to provide you with information about the Application that you may want; or
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our Application to your preferences and your experience of our Services may not be as enjoyable or useful.
NOTIFIABLE DATA BREACH
In the event that there is a data breach and we are required to comply with the notification of eligible data breaches provisions in Part IIIC of the Privacy Act or any other subsequent sections or legislation which supersede this Part IIIC, we will follow our relevant notifiable data breach procedures in compliance with the Privacy Act and relevant laws.
ENQUIRIES, REQUESTS & COMPLAINTS
If you think your personal information, held by us, may have been compromised in any way or you have any other Privacy related complaints or issues, you should also raise the matter with the Privacy Officer.
We will ensure your claims are investigated and a formal response will be provided to you, within a reasonable time, considering the circumstances of your claims. If any corrective action is determined to be required, as a result of that investigation, we will take all reasonable steps to rectify the situation and advise you of such, again within a reasonable time considering the circumstances.
If we do not resolve your enquiry, concern or complaint to your satisfaction or you require further information in relation to any privacy matters, please contact the Office of the Australian Information Commission, whose contact details are below.
Office of the Australian information Commission
Telephone 1300 363 992
Office Address – Level 3, 175 Pitt Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Postal Address – GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001
Entity – Breast Cancer Recovery Pty Ltd – ACN 117 504 597
Telephone +61 (0)8 8406 3716
Office Address – 687 South Road, Black Forest SA 5035, AUSTRALIA
Postal Address – Refining Skills, PO Box 613, Stepney SA 5069, AUSTRALIA